Vision for the 21st Century
Create hope, opportunity and civic engagement: To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
We envision a future in which the Boys & Girls Club Movement is a catalyst for an age in which success is within reach of every child, and whole generations of children are inspired to a level of civic engagement not seen since the founding of our nation.
Our promise to Santa Rosa’s youth: to provide a safe, positive place and have a significant impact on their lives.
Our promise to the nation: to uphold high ethical standards in all areas, especially in overseeing our finances, reporting data on membership and community outreach, being good stewards of the donor dollar, and representing ourselves to the public.
For more information, contact:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Santa Rosa
P.O. Box 2392, Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Phone: (707) 542-3249 Email: email@example.com
Helping Out Families
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Santa Rosa is also targeting high risk economically disadvantaged youth populations by providing scholarships to those is economically stressed families. Over 61% of our members have received scholarships and we offer free snacks and lunches for all our members.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Santa Rosa History
1949 – Founded July 8, 1949 as Santa Rosa Boys Club.
1949 – Opened first Clubhouse in 1949 at 707 Hahman Drive.
1952 – Hugh Codding donated the land and built the current Central Club
1989 – The first girl became a member of the Santa Rosa Boys Club
2002 – Changed name to Boys & Girls Club of Santa Rosa.
2005 – Adopted a strategic expansion plan to open Clubs in all affordable housing
complexes and to deepen impact of service through life-enhancing programs.
2005 – Opened Club at Gray’s Meadow Housing Complex
2005 – Established free snacks for After-School program
2006 – Established free snacks & lunches for Summer program
2007 – Opened 3rd Club at Timothy Commons Housing Complex
2010 – Open 2 more Clubs, 1 at Colgan Meadows Housing Complex and 1 at West Oaks Housing Complex