Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. We seek to provide our members with:

  • A safe place to learn and grow
  • Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
  • Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
  • Hope and opportunity

Since 1949, The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Santa Rosa has provided boys and girls with a place to learn, play, develop academic skills, and engage in physical activity. We satisfy the age-old desire of young people to have a "club" of their own. Our club is staffed by full-time and part-time Youth Development Professionals. Additionally, this team of professionals are supplemented by passionate and caring volunteers.

At the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Santa Rosa, we value diversity. We are a place for boys and girls of all races, religions, and cultures. Our programs and activities are conducted in the warm, friendly atmosphere of facilities especially designed for youth programs. The Club is open to all members at any time during hours of operation, and we have an open-door policy. We offer varied and diversified programs that recognize and respond to the collective and individual needs of girls and boys. Our Club is guidance-oriented and emphasizes values inherent in the relationships between young people, their peers, and adults. We help boys and girls make appropriate and satisfying choices.

In this section

Our Team

Amber Heidtke

Executive Director

Mike Whetstone

Director of Operations

Emily Heilman

Office Manager

Jasmine Meza

Membership Coordinator

Dheepa Johnston

Director of Development

Youth Development Coordinators

Marykathryn Souther - Athletic Coordinator
Rosemarie Brady - Program Coordinator
David Spanier - Education Coordinator
Jacqueline Brezinski - Youth Coordinator Gray's Meadow
Jessica Perez - Youth Coordinator
Emily Rasmussen - Youth Coordinator
Deandra Rodriguez - Youth Coordinator
Yerixia Onate - Youth Coordinator

Board of Directors

Joe Henderson, Board President
Chris Stier, Treasurer
Karen Rasmussen, Secretary
Bill Place, Facilities Head
Damian Gulbransen, Board Member
Kim McDonald, Board Member


1949 – Founded July 8, 1949 as Santa Rosa Boys Club
1949 – Opened first Clubhouse in 1949 at 707 Hahman Drive
1952 – Hugh Codding donated the land and built the current Central Club
1989 – The first girl became a member of the Santa Rosa Boys Club
2002 – Changed name to Boys & Girls Club of Greater Santa Rosa.
2005 – Adopted a strategic expansion plan to open Clubs in all affordable housing complexes.
2010 – Evert B. Person and Finley Foundation provides endowment to Boys & Girls Club of Greater Santa Rosa to ensure Club’s future for years to come